Sunday, October 16, 2016

Another Arum Dress

Hello world! I've been away for quite a while now - no particular reason, things just kept happening and I didn't have much blogging mojo! I'm now trying to get back into the swing of things and I thought I'd share my latest make.
This dress is made from the Arum pattern by French pattern company Deer and Doe, I've made it before and last time I made it I had a million fitting nightmares so I decided to cut a size smaller this time in the hopes the neckline wouldn't be so gapey.
However, I only really remebered the nightmare fitting around the neck of the garment, when in fact the whole thing was kind of too big for me (always take notes of alterations) and as such the finished garment is pretty sack like without a belt, it needs to be more fitted in the waist/hips as well. Long story short, I think I need to cut a size smaller again!
This fabric could best be described as toxic animal print and I mean that in a good way! My friend Joypicked this up for me at the legendary (at least among the Wellington Sewing Bloggers) Fabric Warehouse sale last year. The fabric sale is legendary as nothing is over $5 a metre which is probably the best value you can get for fabric (outside of Fabric a Brac of course).

It a heavy cotton fabric with a little bit of stretch which I thought would be perfect for a simple shift dress.
 I wore my elephant necklace with the dress, I love these little guys, they remind me of the barrel of monkeys game! I don't have a lot of outfits to wear these guys with, so whenever I have one that I think will work the elephants come out.
Also I dyed my hair dark again! I liked being copper and then red but really dark colours are my "natural" colours - I'm not quite back to my beloved blue/black yet. I'm trying out this deep purple colour for a while.

Hope you're all well out in blogland and I will try and get back to more regular blogging soon x

2 comments:

Louise said...

Love the dress; the pattern is really fun! Also, the elephant necklace is awesome! xx

Vix said...

That necklace is incredible! Love the dress, good to see you pop up! xxx